What is a Tier 5 charity worker visa?2000+ UK Companies Hiring Workers

UK Companies Hiring

Welcome back to my blog, dear readers! Today, we’re diving into a crucial topic for those interested in moving to the United Kingdom: finding UK Companies Hiring and sponsoring work visas. This process can seem daunting, but I’m here to simplify it. In this blog post, I’ll guide you through the steps to identify licensed sponsors in the UK and provide practical tips on securing your own job offer and visa sponsorship.

Before we begin, I want to address a common misconception regarding the availability of essential links in my content. Please remember that links to valuable resources are always provided in the video descriptions of my YouTube channel, “Your Knowledge Buddy.” So, be sure to check there for any additional information you might need.

Understanding Visa Requirements From UK Companies Hiring

Let’s review the basic requirements for obtaining a Tier 5 Charity Worker Visa, one of the visa options for those seeking to work in the UK.

  1. Job Offer: You cannot apply for this visa until you have a job offer from a licensed sponsor.
  2. Certificate of Sponsorship: Your sponsoring organization must provide a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS).
  3. Language Proficiency: No specific language tests like IELTS are required; however, you should be proficient in English for effective communication.
  4. Accommodation: Many sponsoring organizations provide accommodations and allowances for food and lodging.

Now that you understand the basics let’s find companies to sponsor your visa.

Identifying Licensed Sponsors

Not every company in the UK can provide you with a job offer and visa sponsorship. Only companies registered with the UK Home Office can do so. To find these licensed sponsors, you have two valuable resources.

  1. UK Government’s List: The UK government maintains an exhaustive list of licensed sponsors. This list is your go-to resource for identifying potential employers who can sponsor your visa.UK Government’s Licensed Sponsors List
  2. UKTSSponsors.co.uk: This website is a fantastic tool to streamline your search. Follow these steps:
    • Go to the website and select “All Industries.”
    • Scroll down and click on “Social Work.”
    • Click “Search,” and you’ll find a list of 2,075 companies that can sponsor your visa as a charity worker.


Exploring Potential Sponsors: UK Companies Hiring

Now comes the time-consuming but essential part: exploring potential sponsors. You must visit each company’s website to check for job vacancies and sponsorship opportunities.

For example, look at “Newton D.” This company is registered with the government and provides sponsorship. Their website, LinkedIn page, and information about volunteer workers are on their profile.

Each company may have different requirements and application processes, so read their websites for details thoroughly.

I’ve also gathered a few more examples of organizations that sponsor visas:

  1. Large UK: I covered this organization in a previous video. They offer ample information on their website and provide an email contact for inquiries.
  2. YMCA Volunteer Program: With a concise three-page website, they offer sponsorship and have specified program dates. Make sure to apply promptly.
  3. Residential Christian Volunteer: This organization offers sponsorship and provides detailed information on its website.
  4. Libay: They accept applications for various roles, and their website offers all the necessary details.
  5. Book to Africa: If you’re interested in charity work, this organization provides sponsorship and has an application form on its website.

Taking a Deeper Dive To UK Companies Hiring

Now that we’ve covered the essentials let’s dive deeper into the application process for some of these organizations. This additional information will further empower you to secure your UK visa.

Newton D: On their homepage, you’ll find that they accept individuals requiring sponsorship. They also specify different durations you can apply, such as three months, six months, or a year. Consider applying for longer durations, as it may increase your chances. Their application form and FAQs are readily available.

Large UK: This organization, which I’ve previously discussed, offers a wealth of information on its website about the application process, requirements, and contact details for inquiries.

YMCA Volunteer Program: If you’re interested in this program, they have specified dates for their volunteer program. Be sure to apply promptly; you’ll find their email contact for questions.

Residential Christian Volunteer: They provide comprehensive information on their website for those interested in their volunteer program. The details about visa sponsorship are readily available.

Libay: Those interested in Libay have an application form for you to fill out and initiate the process.

Book to Africa: If charity work in Africa piques your interest, this organization offers sponsorship. Explore their website for more details and the application process.

What is Tier 5 Visa Sponsorship

The Tier 5 (temporary worker or charity worker) visa allows people to come to the UK for up to two years without applying for a work permit. You will need this type of visa if you want to work as an unpaid volunteer at a charity and be eligible for benefits such as housing, healthcare, education, and other types of social security support.

The Tier 5 (Charity) visa is available to those travelling to perform unpaid volunteer work for a UK charity. If your organization is recognized as a charity, you may apply for a Tier 5 (charity) sponsor license and then sponsor your volunteers to work for you for up to a year.

The rules for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa

The Tier 5 (temporary worker or charity worker) visa is one of the most popular visas in the UK, with around 70% of people who apply for it being successful.

The rules for this visa are simple: you must be between 18 and 65 years old, have a job offer from an approved sponsor, and have enough money to support yourself while you are in the UK. 

You also need to apply outside the UK, as there is no right to enter any country other than your home country after your application. Finally, before applying for any visa under this category (including Tier 2), you will need a valid passport from anywhere you live or have lived since birth or if born outside Europe, from before age 12 (with proof).

An applicant for a temporary charity worker visa must:

Own a UK sponsor’s certificate of sponsorship reference number

Possess the resources necessary to maintain oneself in the UK; in most cases, this entails having at least £1,270 (unless an exception applies).

Be 18 or older to apply.

Suppose you were granted a Religious or Charity Worker visa the previous year. In that case, you cannot be given this visa unless you demonstrate that you were outside the UK throughout the period.


Your sponsor: UK Companies Hiring 

Your sponsor is the charity you are working for. Your sponsor must be registered with the UK Border Agency (UKBA) and will be your employer in the UK. If you have a Tier 5 visa, your sponsor must also prove that they are a qualifying body or trust and apply for registration with UKBA before you can start working for them.

As an employee of a qualifying body or trust, you may not usually be able to change employers without having your visa cancelled by leaving the country voluntarily; however, this does not apply if there is no other suitable employment available within Britain that could allow people who hold these types of visas into Britain’s economy.

Have The Funds

You must have enough money to support yourself in the UK. This is also known as “maintenance” or “funds.”

The amount of money you need depends on your circumstances, but it’s usually between £18,000 and £23,000 per year if you’re single and between £22,000 and £27,000 if you have children under 18 living with you (or who are old enough to be self-supporting). 

The amount varies from person to person because everyone has different needs; however, applicants must provide evidence that they can afford this amount so that the Department for Work and Pensions can check their eligibility for a visa before issuing one.

How long it will take

The time it will take to receive your visa depends on the number of people applying at that time. If you are using it in person, it can take up to three weeks. If you are applying online and have not visited an immigration visa center before, this process may likely be slower due to increased demand due to Brexit and other factors.

How much it costs

The cost of a Tier 5 charity worker visa is £515. This includes the visa application fee, healthcare surcharge, and immigration health surcharge.

You can pay online or by postal mail. We recommend paying by bank transfer so that you don’t need to provide your details in front of an official at the Home Office; this will also mean that your fee will be credited immediately and not added to your invoice later.

If you choose to pay by post, then please ensure that it’s sent to:

  • The Home Office Visa Application Centre (VAC) – PO Box 9447, LONDON SW1A 2DU
  • Or send it directly from one of our offices

What you can and cannot do

  • You can work for up to 20 hours a week.
  • You can work for up to 10 weeks in any 12 months, including the first three months of your stay as a Tier 5 migrant worker (see below). The Home Office will allow you to extend this period if you need additional time because of “exceptional circumstances” such as illness or other personal circumstances that prevent you from working full-time.
  • You cannot change employers without permission from the Home Office – this includes voluntary positions that do not require prior approval and consists of classes offered by charitable organizations where they act on behalf of the charity’s trustees or directors.

You can do a second job in the same industry as long as it does not stop you from doing the main tasks of your job. This includes:

  • Voluntary work for a charity related to your primary employment, such as volunteering at an animal shelter or providing equipment for people with disabilities to use if they cannot drive.
  • A second business which isn’t related to any other business you run; for example, if you own a restaurant, then it would be OK for you to start another one without having left behind any employees from your first place of work.

You can do volunteer work for a charity related to your job. For example, if you work for a charity that helps poor people access clean water, you could also do voluntary work for another charity with the same aims.

The difference between a volunteer and a charity worker is that the latter does not have to be unpaid. This means you can earn money from your voluntary work, and it’s not just for charities. You could also do voluntary work for any other company or organization you are in business with, such as giving presentations at conferences or teaching people how to use software programs.

Your dependants

If you want to bring your partner and children under 18, you must apply for the family stream.

You can apply for this visa if:

  • You have enough money to support them temporarily in Australia.
  • Your home meets immigration rules (for example, it doesn’t exceed the value of $350 000) and:
    • (a) it is situated near an airport, seaport, or
    • (b) is located within 150 kilometres of an international border; or
    • (c) has a swimming pool inside its boundaries that’s open when people aren’t using it (this may be required if there are no other options available).

Other types of visa

There are also other types of visas that you may be eligible for if you’re a Tier 5 (temporary worker – charity worker):

  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). If you have experience in business or management, this is the most appropriate visa option for your needs. This route requires a minimum investment of £200,000 in your industry. You can apply online at www.gov.uk/t1-entrepreneur-visa (visa application form).
  • Tier 2 (General). If you are self-employed and looking for an easier path to work with lower requirements than those set out by the Home Office, this might be right for you! The minimum requirement is £2400 per year gross income; however, additional fees may apply depending on what kind of job/business model they’re looking at recommending me as a part-time manager etc..

In some circumstances, a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa may be appropriate for overseas volunteers who want to become unpaid charity workers in the UK.

If you are a UK citizen or have left the UK as a British Overseas Territories citizen (BOTC), have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK, and want to work for a charity abroad.

If you are an EU national, who has not yet applied for settlement.

You must:

  • Be 18 or over
  • hold full or provisional citizenship of another country valid for at least one year immediately preceding your application date
  • intend to settle in the UK permanently after working abroad



Originally posted 2022-12-12 00:10:44.

See also  USA Charity Work Visa for Immigrants | Learn How to Apply