The University of Bors scholarships are meant to pay roughly 75% of the tuition price; they are not intended to cover living expenses. The payment is not monetary; rather, the tuition cost is lowered by the amount of the tuition fee waiver.
The University’s scholarship criteria include strong academic records and qualifications that are aligned with the University’s prioritized educational or research areas.
Bors University is a Swedish university institution located in Bors. It was established in 1977 and has over 13 000 students.
Applicants whose native language is not English are often expected to demonstrate proficiency in English at the higher levels.
- Scholarships from The University of Borås
Level/Field(s) of study:
- The studentships are available for pursuing master‡s programme.
Number of Scholarships:
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries
- The University of Borås will issue scholarships of at least 75% of the scholarship recipient’s tuition fees. Scholarship recipients in two-year programmes are given a conditional increase by another 10% (up to a maximum of 100%) to cover the second year’s tuition fees under the condition that the student completes the first 60 higher education credits (credits) within the determined time
Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, such as good scores in previous educational programs, as well as qualities that the university believes to be in keeping with the university’s aims for education or research.
The scholarship is obtained provided that:
- -The scholarship winner accepts the scholarship within the time frame indicated. The scholarship winner recognizes the award by paying any outstanding tuition costs in accordance with the payment plan and within the time frame specified.
- – The scholarship recipient enrolls in the educational program within the time frame given.
- – If the deferment is for less than one academic year, the scholarship criteria remain unchanged.
During the study year, the following scholarship conditions apply:
- – The scholarship winner continues the educational program for which the grant was given.
- – The studies are completed in the standard time period of two terms for a one-year program and four terms for a two-year degree.
- – A brief cessation of study for specific reasons has no effect on the scholarship. The scholarship is regarded inactive until the studies are restarted, however the suspension may not last longer than one academic year.
- – The scholarship winner must quickly notify the institution of any changes in his or her fee-paying status that are related to the basis for the award’s allocation.
- – Scholarship holders who obtained financing for a one-year program (two terms) but are later admitted to two-year programs in the same topic can finish the second term without special approval.
keeping the scholarship
- – Scholarship winners who were funded for a two-year program but are later admitted to one-year programs in the same topic can finish the second term while still earning the scholarship.
- – Scholarship holders who are accepted to a one-year program after receiving funding for a two-year program lose their access to financing for the third and fourth terms.
- – Scholarship winners who obtained money for a two-year program must have completed 60 credits in the educational program for which the scholarship was provided prior to the third term in order for the possible increase in funding to occur. This inspection is performed in Ladok on the last day of the spring semester, June 30. Click here to learn about the other requirements.
- Applications open in December at the latest and conclude on the same day as the deadline for completing the application in the first admission round for foreign Master’s programs (normally in the first week of February).
- The application is submitted using a web-based form at www.hb.se/en. The applicant is responsible for submitting the information requested by the university.
- Passports, diplomas, transcripts, and CVs are examples of documents that can be used to support a scholarship application. Documents are exclusively handled via www.universityadmissions.se and the admissions system NyA. The applicant might include more information in the web-based form.
- Additional content cannot be contributed to applications that have already been evaluated. The given information will be used by the institution to process the application in accordance with relevant legislation.
- After the application has been completed, the items will be archived in compliance with applicable archival legislation.
If you wish to find other Swedish scholarships, you can start your search here. We have listed other scholarships both fully and partially funded scholarships combined.
Read more about the scholarship here.