Google Play gift cards are a great way to buy digital content on PlayStore, such as games, apps, movies, books, and more. However, sometimes you may encounter errors while redeeming your gift card. In this post, I will show you how to fix the most common Google Play gift card errors and what to do if you face any other issues.
Common Google Play Gift Card Errors and How to Fix Them
1. We Need More Info To Redeem This Gift Card Error
This error means that your gift card is either invalid or already used. To fix this error, you can try the following steps:
– Redeem your gift card on your mobile device. Here is how to do it:
– Open the Google Play store app on your device.
– Tap on your profile icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
– Select “Payments & Subscriptions”.
– Tap on “Redeem gift code”.
– Enter your Google Play gift code and tap “Redeem”.
– Contact Google support. If redeeming on your mobile device doesn’t work, you can sign in to your Google account and fill out this form with your complaint.
2. Not Activated Error
This error means that the seller has not activated your gift card. To fix this error, you need to either:
– Return to the store where you bought the gift card and ask them to activate it.
– Contact the seller via email if you bought the gift card online and ask them to activate it for you.
3. Gift Card Already Used Error
This error means your gift card has been redeemed on your Google account. To fix this error, you need to:
– Check your Google Play balance and see if the funds from the gift card are reflected there. You can do this by following the same steps as redeeming a gift card on your mobile device, but instead of tapping on “Redeem gift code“, tap on “View balance”.
– Contact Google support. If your balance doesn’t show the funds from the gift card, you can sign in to your Google account and fill out this form with your complaint.
4. An Unexpected Error
This error means that there is a network problem on Google’s end. To fix this error, you need to:
– Wait for a few minutes and try again. Sometimes, the error may resolve itself after a short while.
– Contact Google support. If the error persists for too long, you can sign in to your Google account and fill out this form with your complaint.
General Tips To Consider When Having Issues With Google Play Gift Card
Here are some general tips that can help you avoid or solve some Google Play gift card issues:
– Verify the code. Make sure you enter the correct code without any typos or spaces. The code should be 16 digits long and start with a letter.
– Confirm your PlayStore’s fund limit. There is a limit on how much money you can have in your PlayStore account at once. If the gift card you are trying to redeem plus your current balance exceeds the limit, you won’t be able to redeem it. To fix this, you need to spend some of your existing balance and then try again.
– Confirm you are signed into the right account. You need to use the same Google account that you used to buy the gift card to redeem it. To check which account you are using, you can tap on your profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen and then tap on “Account”.